CV Pamela Braun
Pamela Braun, MSW, LCSW, C-ASWCM, LF
Pamela is a Masters-level social worker, licensed clinical social worker and Certified Advanced Social Work Case Manager in Arizona. She is also a Certified Professional Fiduciary through the Arizona Supreme Court. She is also a member of the American Case Management Association (ACMA).
She is founder and owner of Geriatric Assessment, Management & Solutions, LLC since 2000.
Pamela is originally from Wisconsin but grew up in the Kansas City area. She received a bachelor’s degree in social work and a minor in gerontology from Kansas State University and a master’s degree in social work from the University of Kansas in 1990.
Her work experience has been primarily in health care and mental health. She has worked in the hospital setting since 1986 including the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota with neurology and neurosurgical patients.
Since moving to Arizona in 1994, she worked on a geriatric mental health/medical unit at Del Webb Hospital in Sun City West for 6 years. Her areas of interest have been with individuals with dementia and their families specifically with behavior issues.
She does extensive volunteer work with the Alzheimer’s Association Desert Southwest Chapter. Pamela recently was appointed to the Board of the Western Regional Chapter – National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers in November 2011.
- Geriatric Assessment, Management & Solutions, LLC – Sun City, AZ
Geriatric Care Manager / Business Owner / Licensed Professional Fiduciary
Evaluation of medical, legal, financial and other psychosocial issues to avoid crises and eliminate use of unnecessary services. Operation as a liaison for families and caregivers residing locally or nationally and informing them of client’s status. Evaluation of appropriate level of care for client and providing options including costs and availability. Education and advocation for clients and families. Referrals to appropriate agencies and services in the community, including potential need for guardianship. Counseling and support to clients and families in addition to crisis intervention. Professional fiduciary responsibilities including guardianships and also serving as Health Care Power of Attorney.
- Del E. Webb Memorial Hospital – Sun City West, AZ.
1994 – 2000
Medical /Psychiatric Social Worker/Case Manager
Primary responsibilities include discharge planning, admission coordination, financial & legal counseling regarding advanced directives and guardianship issues, and supportive counseling to patients and families. Conduct utilization review functions for medical & Psychiatric units. Attend weekly staffings with multi-disciplinary treatment team.Facilitate two family support/education groups weekly. Member of Behavioral Health Committee within Sun Health, Referral and Development Committee, and Sun Health Ethics Facilitation Committee. Field instructor for Arizona State University. Member of Alzheimer’s Association Advisory Council for Sun Cities Chapter. Member of Clare Bridge Alternative Living Services Charter Task Force in Sun City West, AZ. Member of Sun Health Speaker Bureau.
- Arizona State University – School of Social Work – Tempe, AZ
1998 – 1999
Field Liaison for MSW & BSW Students
Field Liaison for MSW and BSW social work students. Includes two on-site visits per semester with students and field instructors. Assist with learning contracts, evaluations, & problem-solving within field placements.
- Mayo Medical Center – Rochester, MN
1990 – 1994
Medical Social Worker
Primary responsibilities include discharge planning, financial counseling, supportive counseling to patients and families, and community resource acquisition throughout the nation. Specialized clinical areas include neurology and neurosurgical units at St. Mary’s Hospital. Outpatient psychosocial assessments on temporal lobectomy candidates. Member of the MSW Student Graduate Committee within the Mayo Social Services Department. Member of the Skilled Nursing/Subacute Care Center Task Force with Mayo Medical Center. Weeknight and weekend “on-call” responsibilities within the Mayo Medical Center.
- Wharton Manor Nursing Home – Manhattan, KS
1986 – 1988
Social Worker & Medical Records Coordinator
Facilitate admissions and discharges. Provide family and resident supportive counseling. Co-facilitate resident and family support groups. Maintain and review medical records within the facility
- St. Mary’s Hospital – Manhattan, KS
1986 – 1988
On-Call Medical Social Worker
Intervene in crisis situations on weeknights and weekends. Counsel patients and families coping with illness and/or death. Complete intakes for persons with inadequate resources.
Kansas State University – Bachelor of Science: 1986
- Major: Social Work
- Minor: Gerontology
Kansas University – Master of Social Work: 1990
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker – Arizona 1996
- Licensed Professional Fiduciary – Supreme Court of Arizona – July 2003
- Certified Advanced Social Work Case Manager – National Association of Social Workers – September 2009
- Serving on the program committee for the Western Regional Committee – National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers November 2011 Conference; Las Vegas, NV – November 3-6, 2011.
- Appointment to the Aging Specialty Practice Section Committee through National Association of Social Workers – October 2009.
- Past member of the Sun Cities Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association Advisory Board.
- Member of the Human Service Providers Association – West Valley and Scottsdale/Phoenix Chapters. Past Board Member of West Valley HSP.
- Member of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers.
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers and AZ Chapter.
- Member of the American Case Management Association (ACMA) and AZ Chapter.
- EAPrefer member (Employee Assistance Professional Referral Program).
- Past member of the Greater Phoenix Regional Program Committee for the Alzheimer’s Association – Desert Southwest Chapter.
- Committee member for the “Affair to Remember” Alzheimer’s Benefit in 2005.
- Outstanding Volunteer of the Year Award 2001/2002 – Alzheimer’s Association Desert Southwest Chapter.
- Appointment to the Board of the Western Regional Chapter – National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers, November 2011-December 2013.
- Elected position of Treasurer for the Western Regional Chapter – National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers, January 2013 and organizer of WRC-NAPGCM Case Consultation Program.
- Co-Chair for the 2013 Conference sponsored by the Western Regional Chapter- National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers, October 3-5 in Scottsdale, AZ.